Problem With PDF Files - HELP !

Ryan Pitt ryan at MARINOCRANE.COM
Wed Apr 28 17:29:36 IST 2004

Spicer, Kevin wrote:

>Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy wrote:
>

>>Ricardo;
>>
>>I confirm your problem. I noticed this last week and thought it was a
>>fluke but I guess not. I'm using Clamav 0.70 and MS 4.29.7-1.
>>

>I can't see why this would be anything to do with Clam, as Clam does not alter files at all as it can't disinfect.

Actually, I am noticing this myself.
I have pdfs which open just fine on the originating machine, but when
they are emailed, they become corrupt and wont open on the destination
machine.
I turned ClamAV scanning off and sent the email through again - Still
corrupt!
I also turned off Sophos scanning and the file still comes through corrupt.
Any thoughts anyone?
Ryan

and is believed to be clean.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html