burned by spamcop, how to whitelist sites from RBL's

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Wed Apr 28 17:01:57 IST 2004

Gang,

   I got burned by spamcop yesterday when they RBL'ed a
nearby college that we get lots of email from.  I use
spamcop in sendmail, so I started rejecting everything from them.
I know that Julian thinks spamcop is trigger-happy, he is probably
right.

   So I had the issue of "how do I whitelist a site from
RBL's that I use?" in sendmail.  With the help of other MS
listmembers and Google I have figured this out, and documented it.
My essay can be found at:

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cgi-bin/faq?amp=&auth=ckd44d989c416b2f49c737a8ba387c20b6&file=325

Thanks to all who helped.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html