MailScanner x86_64 Linux tnef binary

JWSmythe mailscanner at vvd.com
Thu Apr 29 00:32:53 IST 2004

	Julian,

	Once again, thanks for a great program! :)

	VoyNetworks/Voyeurweb now uses MailScanner on a dual AMD x86_64
system.  Being that it's a slightly different platform, I had to compile
tnef so it would run on it.  Thanks for including the sources, that
helped.  :)   I'm including the binary, attached to this Email (in a
tgz, of course), so you can include it in future distributions, if you
believe the demand is high enough.

root at mail (/opt/MailScanner/bin) file tnef*
tnef:                        symbolic link to `tnef.linux.x86_64'
tnef-1.1.4+sizelimit:        directory
tnef-1.1.4+sizelimit.tar.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix
tnef-1.4.4-x86_64.tar.gz:    gzip compressed data, from Unix
tnef.linux:                  ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
tnef.linux.x86_64:           ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.4.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
tnef.solaris:                ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

	This particular server is running RedHat Fedora Core release 0.96
(Severn), if anyone asks.  It was compiled natively on the machine, not
by a cross-compiler elsewhere.  I'm not very good at cross-compiling
yet.  :)

	A few weeks ago, we were beyond 160,000 emails/day, with minimal load
on the system.  Unfortunately, most of those messages are incoming
spams, but hey, we use MailScanner, so the users don't mind (much).

	On typical days, we pass just over 60,000 emails/day

	If you're interested, you can see our graphs here:

http://mail.vvd.com/mailscanner-mrtg/mail/mail.html

	We use several blacklists to catch the spam, and f-prot for virus
protection.  F-Prot was the only one which worked well on the x86_64
platform.  All in all, it works great.  Users don't receive viruses, the
majority of the spam is filtered, and not much real mail gets flagged.
Thanks again, MailScanner is what makes it all possible!