mailscanner and postfix

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Tue Apr 27 20:34:02 IST 2004

Ken Dyke wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Has anyone written a wrapper for receiving messages from postfix?
>That seems to be the missing piece to avoiding the ugliness of the
>set up described in "MailScanner Installation Guide - Postfix".
>--

Ken

Sadly not. I agree Postfix has an excellent feature set for adding
message 'filters' and plug ins but MailScanner, due to it's back ground
and desire to be multi MTA doesn't currently support any other methods
of queue file receipt. There are however alternatives to the 'ugliness
of the set up' described in the installation guide. The method I use
(And other like me) is what we have affectionately described as the
'Single Instance Postfix' setup. All this basically involves is writing
a suitable REGEX matching your server's Received: header and dumping
these matches to the hold queue. MailScanner then retrieves them from
there and does it's bit, returning the now scanned mail to the
'Incoming' queue for Postfix to deliver like normal. Neater and equally
effective.

However, if some were to write a wrapper,I would be delighted to trial
it for them :-) . Sadly I code like a Sys. Admin suffering RSA and
coffee deprivation :-)

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html