encrypted messages not scanned within zip files?

Matthew K Bowman mkbowman at neo.rr.com
Mon Apr 26 20:15:09 IST 2004

Hi,

Do I need to ugrade or is my conf wrong?

MailScanner 4-28.5/RH9

MailScanner settings

# Should encrypted messages be blocked?
# This is useful if you are wary about your users sending encrypted
# messages to your competition.
# This can be a ruleset so you can block encrypted message to certain
domains.
Block Encrypted Messages = no

# Should unencrypted messages be blocked?
# This could be used to ensure all your users send messages outside your
# company encrypted to avoid snooping of mail to your business partners.
# This can be a ruleset so you can just check mail to certain users/domains.
Block Unencrypted Messages = no

# Should archives which contain any password-protected files be allowed?
# Leaving this set to "no" is a good way of protecting against all the
# protected zip files used by viruses at the moment.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Allow Password-Protected Archives = no

Ruleset:
filename.rules.rules:FromOrTo: mydomain.com
/etc/MailScanner/allow.everything
filetype.rules.rules:FromOrTo: mydomain.com
/etc/MailScanner/allow.all.filetypes.conf

Maillog:

Apr 26 14:25:19 bart MailScanner[2390]:
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/2390/i3Q
IP7iL004799/aaaa17195.zip->835_00166___dra_395ba237.001.tif  Not scanned
(encryp
ted)
Apr 26 14:25:19 bart MailScanner[2390]: Saved infected "aaaa17195.zip" to
/var/s
pool/MailScanner/quarantine/20040426/i3QIP7iL004799

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html