ANNOUNCE: Unstable MailScanner 4.30.2 released

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Mon Apr 26 17:34:56 IST 2004

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Julian Field wrote:

> And feel free to send me reminders of
> feature requests I said I would do and have forgotten again.

OK!  Around Feb 11-13th (a couple of weeks before I met you at the
Bournemouth UKUUG event) I sent you an outline for generalising
"install.sh" to other environments, so that they, too, could have the
option of using "install.sh".

(At our site, we have a mixture of Solaris and Redhat.  Installing new MS
releases, including perl module dependencies, on Redhat via "install.sh"
is beautifully smooth, but on Solaris is a much less easy.)

Could you dig out those emails, and glance over the outline idea and the
(incomplete) demonstration version, please?  If it is generally OK, then
I'd be most happy to continue working that demo. up towards completion.

Many thanks.