SV: mountpoint

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Fri Apr 23 20:25:51 IST 2004

Jens W. Skov - JS Consult wrote:

>Thanks.
>If I do so I get postfix complaining over /var/spool/portfix(.in)/lib etc
>and usr not being owned by root and
>Apr 23 19:36:35 mail MailScanner[4386]: User's home directory
>/var/spool/postfix is not writable
>Apr 23 19:36:35 mail MailScanner[4386]: You need to set the "SpamAssassin
>User State Dir" to a directory that the "Run As User" can write to

If you go to the bottom of the MailScanner.conf find this bit

# The per-user files (bayes, auto-whitelist, user_prefs) are looked
# for here and in ~/.spamassassin/. Note the files are mutable.
# If this is unset then no extra places are searched for.
# If using Postfix, you probably want to set this as shown in the example
# line at the end of this comment, and do
#      mkdir /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
#      chown postfix.postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin

 and set it as above (And follow the instructions ;-) ) That will keep
SA happy.

Are you running chrooted? If so then set lib, usr, etc and anything else
Postfix complains about to root ownership. Basically postfix is securing
it's self. It won't work with config or 'script' files that are owned by
anyone except root (Excluding Postdrop and Postqueue) and any queue
directories or anywhere where Postfix might be wanting to write can only
be owned by Postfix (So if Postfix were ever compromised it would have
access to a limited directory set.

Hope this helps

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html