SV: mountpoint

Jens W. Skov - JS Consult jens at JSCONSULT.DK
Fri Apr 23 19:41:27 IST 2004

Thanks.
If I do so I get postfix complaining over /var/spool/portfix(.in)/lib etc
and usr not being owned by root and
Apr 23 19:36:35 mail MailScanner[4386]: User's home directory
/var/spool/postfix is not writable
Apr 23 19:36:35 mail MailScanner[4386]: You need to set the "SpamAssassin
User State Dir" to a directory that the "Run As User" can write to

-- Jens W. Skov - JS Consult
-- Rævehøjparken 58, 2800 Kgs. Lyngby
-- Tlf: 45884077 - Mob: 23254077
-- www.jsconsult.dk - www.jnet.dk

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: MailScanner mailing list [mailto:MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK] På vegne
af Drew Marshall
Sendt: 23. april 2004 14:10
Til: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Emne: Re: mountpoint

Jens W. Skov - JS Consult said:
> I just noticed that mailscanner complained that /var/spool/postfix was
> not writeable by user postfix.
> I chowned the dir to postfix:postfix. Now postfix complains that it's
> not owned by root? Any idea why?

Postfix is a funny beast, it wants the /var/spool/postfix directory to be
owned by root but wants ../postfix/* to be owned by postfix:postfix. Just cd
/var/spool/postfix then chown -R postfix:postfix * and that should make it
happy.

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk