Max Children Issue and SA timeouts

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Fri Apr 23 19:15:14 IST 2004

Jason Burzenski wrote:
> I am running 2 identical MS boxes that receive identical load and have
> identical configuration.  Running MS 4.29.7, SA 2.55.

You should upgrade SA. It not unlikely it's part of the problem and 2.63
will catch more spam anyway.

> What is going on here?

Did you get your Bayes problems fixed? I vaguely remember that Bayes was
mentioned when you posted the other week. The expire problem can cause
SA to time out real bad. How does your Bayes directory look? You should
only have three files there, one journal, one seen and one tokens.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.39, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.3

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html