Major Load please help

Michael St. Laurent mikes at HARTWELLCORP.COM
Fri Apr 23 18:27:50 IST 2004

William Burns <mailto:William.Burns at AEROFLEX.COM> wrote:
> Rob:
>
> If you're still getting clobbered, I'd suggest dropping your mx
> children down to something like 2, just as an experiment. Your load
> *should* decrease considerably.

I would suggest leaving it at the default of 5 or actually reducing it a
little.  We run it with a setting of 3 and have good results.  However,
Hartwell doesn't have to handle the volume of mail that the original poster
mentioned so 3 might actually be a little too low.

A bit of experimentation with that setting might yield some results.

--
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html