Major Load please help

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Fri Apr 23 18:00:04 IST 2004

If you have bind running check /etc/resolv.conf and see how it compares to
what is listed here: http://docs.sun.com/db/doc/806-1386/6jam5ahnj?a=view

the primary NS should be 127.0.0.1 and any backup servers you may want.

Also can you dump output of:

top -b -n 1

Has anyone looked at your firewall to make sure there isn't anything hosed
up there?

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk