MS IPBlock... Please Help

Holger Gebhard gebhard at EPOST.DE
Thu Apr 22 19:41:51 IST 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:28:20 -0400, Jeff A. Earickson <jaearick at COLBY.EDU>
wrote:

>Hi,
>   I use IPBlock with sendmail, but here are some suggestions:
>
>1) Does the line in CustomConfig.pm (about line 748):
>
>my $AccessDB     = '/etc/mail/access.db';
>
>point to where your access.db file really is?  Mine is in a different
>place, so I have to modify CustomConfig.pm whenever a new version of
>MailScanner comes out.

My Path in Customconfig.pm points to the right place...

>2) If you have the right path, then are the permissions to the file
>correct?  Mine is 644, owned by root, group mail.  However with Postfix,
>your permissions may be different.

I tried out all posible Permissions...

>3) Is your db file created/managed by Sleepycat DB software?  If you
>do a makemap to rebuild it, do you do "makemap hash"?  I use hash db
>format with Sleepycat DB.

What is Sleepycat DB Software?

I used the internal Postfixcommand "Postmap"... I tried following commands
to create the access.db file:

Postmap hash:/"Postfix path"/access
Postmap dbm:/"Postfix path"/access
Postmap btree:/"Postfix path"/access

Everytime the same Problem...

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html