MS IPBlock... Please Help

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Thu Apr 22 18:28:20 IST 2004

Hi,
   I use IPBlock with sendmail, but here are some suggestions:

1) Does the line in CustomConfig.pm (about line 748):

my $AccessDB     = '/etc/mail/access.db';

point to where your access.db file really is?  Mine is in a different
place, so I have to modify CustomConfig.pm whenever a new version of
MailScanner comes out.

2) If you have the right path, then are the permissions to the file
correct?  Mine is 644, owned by root, group mail.  However with Postfix,
your permissions may be different.

3) Is your db file created/managed by Sleepycat DB software?  If you
do a makemap to rebuild it, do you do "makemap hash"?  I use hash db
format with Sleepycat DB.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk