MS IPBlock... Please Help

Holger Gebhard gebhard at EPOST.DE
Thu Apr 22 18:01:41 IST 2004

Hi Julian,
hi Group...

One more Posting to the IPBlock Feature...
I use MailScanner 4.29-7, with Spamassassin, etc. on a Debian
System with Postfix Version 2.019.

The last weeks i try to use the IPBlock Feature in Customconfig.pm.
I added some IP-Adresses to IPBlock.conf, try to send some Mails...
MailScanner count the IP´s in IPBlock.db...

Up to this Point everything work perfect.

But when the Counterlimit for a IP-Adress is reached,
MailScanner wants to write the Blockinformation to
the access.db file. Here is the Problem...
Everytime MailScanner want to do this the Syslog show:

IPBlock: Could not open access database

I tried to figure out where is the Problem...
I think the Postfix and Sendmails access.db file have the same
Databasetype?
I tried out various Filesystemrights...
I think maybe Postfix use another Standart Databasetype with the Postmap
command...
So I tried some Postfix Databaseformats, like hash, dbm and btree with the
access.db file...

Everytime the same Problem.

Anybody know where is the Problem and can help me?

Thanks in Advance

Holger

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html