mysql ms.conf/rulesets ?

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Thu Apr 22 14:31:36 IST 2004

I have searched the archive and can find only limited info.

Will it ever be possible, standard, to be able to use mysql to store the
entire config of a mailscanner system ? The only reason i ask is that a
developer colleague wants to write a "portal" type system in php so that
one can control mailscanners scanning features with regards to per
user/domain settings for mutli domain rulesets etc on a single ms
machine. He advises that this will mucho easier if the config existed in
mysql, like postfix does.

Has this type of support ever been considered for ms ? I guess it has
been proposed as a feature request before now, and either knowcked back
or pushed back?

Appreciate any info.

Thanks
Pete