Can virus report be in message body instead of in an attachment?

Hancock, Scott HancockS at MORGANCO.COM
Thu Apr 22 13:21:36 IST 2004

Bart,

 >Why do you want to notify your users that they would have received a
 >virus?

I see your point.

First my question should have also included {blocked content?}. I would
also like that warning in the message body.

Second, I'm paranoid about a Macro infection dropping correspondence
silently. I have only received two requests for infected Word documents
in 3 years, and those files where scrambled in quarantine.  Maybe I
should reconsider.

Third, I do believe there is some value in reminding the users that they
are protected.  I get queried about once a month about benign
attachments that have been scanned.  I believe the queries would rise
without a few notifications.

Finally, I do not change the silent delete settings in the default
configuration.  Admittedly, I've not tested what does and does not
generate a warning so my second point maybe moot.

Hugo,

Thank you for curing the blind.

Thanks

Scott