MailScanenr based relay server

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Wed Apr 21 18:36:14 IST 2004

Ronnie Regev wrote:
> Hi,
> I am interested in setting up a mail relay server to act as a spam filtering
> only mail server.
> My goal is to offload MailScanner from my mail server, set it up on a
> secondary server, which will scan all incoming messages, filter out the junk
> and viruses, and forward the proper messages to my real mail server.
> I have found this document,
> http://www.geocities.com/scottlhenderson/spamfilter.html, which uses
> Postfix, and only spmassassin.
> Does anybody know of any documentation or howto's on this subject. Perhaps
> some advice.

Depends on what OS and MTA you like. The most common combo here is
probably Red Hat/Fedora and Sendmail. Depending on your Unix experience
it might be of importance to have many friends. ;-)

Give us a little more info on what hardware and software you want to use
and an estimation of how many mail you will process a day and we can
guide you better from there.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.39, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.3