Setting up a server to allow Outlook to share contact lists, folders ETC

Robin M. robin at PRIMUS.CA
Tue Apr 20 15:53:54 IST 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Jason Balicki wrote:

> >I was looking to use SUSE Openexchange to allow Outlook to
> >share contact
> >lists, folders ETC but it would appear to not be compatable
> >with MailScanner
> >therefore anyone got any good ideas on how best to achieve this ? ( on
> >Redhat would be nice )
>
> I use MailScanner with Bynari Insight server which is similar
> to Openexchange.  Insight uses postfix as its MTA.  I just
> created a second instance to use for MS and it works fine.
>
> It wasn't difficult to set up.
>
> If you're REALLY concerned, you can use Amavis instead of
> MailScanner, but then we wouldn't like you anymore. :)

I use the bynari server for this sharing type of thing as well, and I did
the same as you, set up MailScanner. I noticed that in the new release of
the bynari server they went with amavisd stock.