Kernel (security updates)

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Tue Apr 20 08:04:26 IST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 02:47, William Burns wrote:
> Mark + Dan:
>
> I'm glad to hear that fedoralegacy is doing such a good job w/ RedHat
> support.
> But... My company has execs that loose their warm-and-fuzzy feeling when
> they hear that it's not a RedHat supported project. (I.E. no "actual"
> commercial backing for the security updates)

I only have one RH machine (which _has_ to be Red Hat 7.2 because the
third party software which runs on it and is 'mission critical' is only
supported under RH7.2), I found the Progeny transition service useful
(www.progeny.com).  Not hard to sell to the boss, when you're shelling
out several k's on Solaris support $5 per month for a RedHat box isn't
an issue [Yes I know the two are really comparable, and Sun support is
second to none in my experience - just that the annual cost of Sun
support is around the price of a comparable Interl server!]

Anyway, this is well OT now.  Perhaps we should stop.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.