DBI, custom function, connection lost

Bart Jan Buijs bjbuijs at DOOTALL.COM
Mon Apr 19 13:53:21 IST 2004

Hi Steve,

Ah, thank you!! It sure seems the same problem.
Will try it out, thanks again!

Greetings,

Bart Jan

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: MailScanner mailing list [mailto:MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK]Namens
Steve Freegard
Verzonden: Monday, April 19, 2004 2:11 PM
Aan: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Onderwerp: Re: DBI, custom function, connection lost

Hi Bart,

This is probably the same problem that I encounter with MailWatch writing
the message logs to MySQL.

The only way I've found to get this to work is to use Perl-DBD-MySQL version
2.1028 or older, the more recent versions (>=2.9) do not seem to work
properly and cause the connection to be lost.

If you need to keep the newer version of DBI for another application - or
don't want to downgrade the system-wide DBD, see
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=7096260 for a
workaround.

> So far, the only way i can read from MySQL is to reconnect
> everytime a message is processed. Please advice.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Bart Jan Buijs

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,