DBI, custom function, connection lost

Bart Jan Buijs bjbuijs at DOOTALL.COM
Mon Apr 19 09:01:34 IST 2004

Hi all,

I'm writing a custom function to read config values from MySQL.
In order to do so i need to query MySQL each time a message is processed.
No problem so far. Anyhow, the thing is, when i create a global DBI handle
and connect for example in an Init function, the connection to the server
is lost when a message is processed. Default connection timeout is 8 hours.
The DBI handle remains intact correctly. Can someone help me?

So far, the only way i can read from MySQL is to reconnect everytime a
message
is processed. Please advice.

Greetings,

Bart Jan Buijs