root mail issue

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Sun Apr 18 08:36:00 IST 2004

Sorry for the poor subject i cant think of a better one.
My problem is small - i have a Freebsd, postfix, mailscanner, mailwatch
server - all local mail generated form things like cron jobs and system
type messages addressed to "root" are always sent to "root at myfqdn" which
means the root messages all end up skewing my mail stats.

I know its minor, but on previous mailscanner systems all mail to root
was sent as localhopst mail not generating entries in the maillog.

I tried to create an alias
root:   root at localhost
but still all mail is sent to root at myfqdn

Any ideas?

Thanks
Pete