i can telnet to my sendmail

JD Doelitzsch JD at BENTECMED.COM
Fri Apr 16 22:06:58 IST 2004

-- J(K) youre a god, how did you know that part was going to work??? here is wheat happened.
[root at localhost root]# telnet 192.168.1.126 25
Trying 192.168.1.126...
Connected to 192.168.1.126.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 localhost.localdomain ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.5/8.12.5; Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:49:35 -0700
helo bentecmed.com
250 localhost.localdomain Hello [192.168.1.126], pleased to meet you
mail from: me at you.com
250 2.1.0 me at you.com... Sender ok
rcpt to: root
250 2.1.5 root... Recipient ok
data
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
.
250 2.0.0 i3GKnZtm002194 Message accepted for delivery
quit
221 2.0.0 localhost.localdomain closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root at localhost root]#

what does this mean? that I can telnet successfuly from the same computer and send a mail? is it really not listening to the right port or only accepting connections from localhost??