configuring sendmail

MailScanner mailscanner at SMITS.CO.UK
Fri Apr 16 14:54:12 IST 2004

Edit /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and add dnl so that this line reads:

dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')

This allows sendmail to accept connections from everywhere, rather than
just localhost. You may also consider adding dnl before:

dnl FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains') dnl

Sendmail will then deny connections to hosts without a PTR record. After
you have saved the file do:

m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

Then you need to add the domain(s) that you will be relaying to
/etc/mail/access as:
my.domain.com   RELAY

And run:
makehash /etc/mail/access > /etc/mail/access.db
service MailScanner restart

And you should be good to go.

Bart...