Strength of MailScanner vs w/SpamAssasin

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Fri Apr 16 02:47:28 IST 2004

It depends on your userbase. We are a hosting company, so we get all types
:)
I find it mildly amusing that our support@ email address attracts spam and
viruses.........

With regards to catchalls and common aliases .. ... We would advise people
to use an alternative, but you cannot force them.
The "bucket" aliases cause headaches, as you get loads of junk to addresses
such as john at blacknight.ie (we don't have a John .. never have and probably
never will). If the user does not exist the email gets dropped and people
are less likely to get upset about those "lovely" virus warnings to
non-existent users...

Mr. Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
http://www.blacknightsolutions.ie/
http://www.search.ie/
Tel. + 353 (0)59 9137101
Hosting, co-location and domain registration

--
Email scanned by Blacknight for viruses and dangerous content.
Visit http://www.blacknight.ie for more information