OT: breaking threads

Mark Nienberg mark at TIPPINGMAR.COM
Fri Apr 16 02:09:43 IST 2004

On Thursday, April 15, 2004, at 08:10  AM, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> I'll see if my Exchange is up to date, and now I am trying gmane/nntp
> with thunderbird.  We'll see.

I recommend setting up a new temporary e-mail address to go through the
initial gmane subscription process.  Then deactivate it AFTER you have
had your first successful post to a list.  You'll be amazed at how many
messages (spam and viruses) start coming to that address.  At least
that was my experience.  You'll still be able to post after disabling
the account.  It is nice to be able to read e-mail lists with a news
reader.