continued issue: queue gets backed up frequently

Chris W. Parker cparker at SWATGEAR.COM
Thu Apr 15 20:08:24 IST 2004

Stephen Swaney <mailto:steve.swaney at FSL.COM>
    on Thursday, April 15, 2004 9:50 AM said:

> Check for SpamAssassin time outs in the mail logs. If you find these,
> look for possible network congestion that might be occurring at the
> same time. The evening and early morning time might indicate backups
> in progress or running late.

i think you may be on to something. i do have backups running at this
time, and monday, wednesday, friday are my biggest jobs, hence the
pattern.

and yes i did find a few times outs.

my question at this point is: what does network congestion have to do
with it and how can i remedy it?

thanks for your help!
chris.