mailscanner only scanning 1 message at a time

Jason Balicki kodak at FRONTIERHOMEMORTGAGE.COM
Thu Apr 15 19:07:38 IST 2004

Chris wrote:
>Jason Balicki wrote:
>
>>What is your "Max Children =" directive set to in MailScanner.conf
>>

>It's set to 5 right now. Should I change it up or down?

Neither.  I was just making sure it wasn't set to 1.  That
would have been too easy though. :)

What about other system stats, how much RAM is in your box, how
much is being used?

On my system, when it's scanning the logs say:

New Batch: Found XX messages waiting
New Batch: Scanning 1 message

Where XX is some number.  Are you sure this isn't what
you're seeing?  I've never seen *my* system scan more
than one, but it does work it's way through the load
pretty quickly.  (Obdisclaimer: small shop.)

Have you implimented any of the suggested performance
enhancements (like running the MS queue in tempfs?)

--J(K)