having problems after server upgrade

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Thu Apr 15 13:51:21 IST 2004

Didn't the upgrade saved your config in an .rpmnew file?

>That part is working now.
>
>The server is now running sendmail 8.12.10, and the install script
>installed spamassassin 2.60. It also installed MailScanner,
>although I'm
>really not sure what version. As soon as I started having problems, I
>immediately installed spamassasin 2.63 and MailScanner 4.30.1.

did you uninstall the 2.60 rpm?

>Now for my problems (there are several).
>
>1. When MailScanner 4.30.1 starts via "service MailScanner start", it's
>the only thing that starts. Before the big upgrade, it also started
>sendmail.
>
>2. There now seem to be two copies of sendmail. When I type "service
>sendmail start", I get one called "sendmail" and another called
>"sm-client". This is new, and I'm not sure what the function
>of each is.
>Also, does this require any tweaking of the MailScanner.conf file?

What is your /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner file?

>3. If I start both sendmail and MailScanner by hand, things
>"sorta" work.
>
>4. I have Clam and McAfee antivirus installed and specified in the
>MailScanner.conf file; neither one catches the eicar string in
>a text file.
>
>5. MailWatch is busted too, but I think one of the libraries got
>upgraded too far. I may be able to fix this myself.

Probably perl-DBD-MySQL.  You must uninstall the rpm and install a previous version from source.  See Mailwatch's site.

>Help!

I have it running on fedora and sendmail.  You can contact me of list if necessary.