password protected :(

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Wed Apr 14 09:43:10 IST 2004

Mike Brudenell wrote:
>  *  According to this comment text the above settings will NOT
>     deliver an incoming message with password-protected archive to
> the recipient.
>
>  *  BUT the "Allow Password-Protected Archives = yes" directive says
>     it IS allowed and will be delivered!
>
> So which one takes effect?  Is the message delivered or not?

Still Deliver.... only applies if the message is detected as a virus (or otherwise blocked by filename/ type rules etc.).  Because you are allowing Password Protected Archives they will not be labelled as viruses so the setting of Still Deliver will not apply.  In other words they will be delivered

> Question 2
> ----------
> Whilst trying to interpret the comments relating to the above
> question I pondered about adding the "Zip-Password" keyword to the
> "Non-Forging Viruses" directive:
>
>     Non-Forging Viruses = Joke/ OF97/ WM97/ W97M/ Zip-Password
>
> However according to the comment this 'merely' says it is OK to send a
> warning message back to the sender of a message with a
> password-protected archive attached and this is blocked.
>
> It wouldn't help in actually getting the attachment through to the
> recipient... Correct?

Corrrect, this is only to do with notifications

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.