MCP + Spam Actions

Kristian Shaw shawkris at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 12 13:28:32 IST 2004

Hi,

I noticed this problem last month but got distracted by all the password
protected zip problems.

I have a problem where messages that are both MCP and Spam messages go into
a black hole. I noticed that Julian has made a change to MailScanner that
has half fixed this problem in the latest version.

This is what I see at the moment for two combinations of rules:

1)
*******
(MCP in MailScanner.conf)
MCP Actions = forward swearbox at xxx.co.uk
High Scoring MCP Actions = forward swearbox at xxx.co.uk

(spam.actions file)
FromOrTo:               default                 deliver attachment
*******

Messages that are MCP+Spam go into a back hole, but messages that are
either/or are delivered as described in the rules above.

2)
*******
(MCP in MailScanner.conf)
MCP Actions = deliver forward swearbox at xxx.co.uk
High Scoring MCP Actions = deliver forward swearbox at xxx.co.uk

(spam.actions file)
FromOrTo:               default                 deliver attachment
*******

Messages that are MCP+Spam are forwarded to swearbox at xxx.co.uk as an
attachment. Messages that are *just* MCP are delivered to
swearbox at xxx.co.uk *and* the recipient (as the rules suggest). I really
just the forward action to be taken in that situation.

I really want the behaviour of the rules in (1) but it appears that
the 'deliver' action gets lost along the way. Adding a 'deliver' action, as
in (2) fixes the MCP+Spam case, but breaks the individual MCP or Spam rules.

Any help appreciated!

Kris Shaw.