Sudden dropoff in volume of spam

Sun Apr 11 21:32:33 IST 2004

Hi!

> There are the pockets of hardcore spam IPs and hosts that constantly change
> their 'names' but the IPs seem consistent, so maybe the ISPs themselves are
> wising up and there are fewer out there willing to host them. One can only
> hope.
> A small webpage with some ongoing daily SPAM host stats is at:
> http://www.frws.com/spam-hallofshame.html
> and shows what we see on two servers (one a primary and the other a
> secondary MX) serving about 52 domains and 600 users, give or take.
>
> Stats are always telling. We also run our own lists here to block dynamic
> and residential hosts, as well as numerous others - and the reasons are
> obvious once you look at the stats. And we do use SpamHaus and other RBLs
> as well, all at the sendmail level. Keeping it off the servers in the first
> place is our goal, less processing for the Virus and SPAM scanners that
> way.  :>)

You shoud consider using DSBL, and submit the proxys you find there. Both
will have profit of that. If only a few more people would submit open
proxys also it would be even better.

Scripts are on www.dsbl.org if people wanna check.

<plug mode=on>

Ohw, btw, for the newly created surbl lists there are seperate
mailinglists also, if people are interested, subscribe there.

http://www.surbl.org
http://lists.surbl.org

<plug mode=off>

 =)