Sudden dropoff in volume of spam

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Sun Apr 11 04:11:21 IST 2004

Connecting machines are invariably PC's on broadband connections, don't
accept port 25 connections and looking at multiple copies of the spam itself
will show hugely varied source locations (USA, Europe, Korea, Australia etc)

> > We've recently started using dynamic range blocks on SMTP connect
> > which is why I suspect we're seeing what we are.
>
> Cool!  How are you doing that?  iptables?  hosts.deny?

Sendmail access files.  We've been developing our own files to ensure we are
responsible for and in control of any false positives, however there are
lots of very good RBL's which do the same.

> Thanks for responding Dave.

Not a problem!!

Cheers!

Dave