FYI: Sophos on Mac OS X

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Sun Apr 11 00:05:25 IST 2004

Sophos on Mac OS X has both a desktop (gui) component AND the command
line "sweep" component.  I'm not sure how that will work with MS once
it's installed, but the way it arrives is in a completely different
archive type than the other unix flavors (in a dmg archive and not a
tar archive, and the archive layout isn't the same as the tar layout)
... so at the very least, it will require a different install routine.

I'll be playing with it some over the next 2 or 3 days, so I'll try to
keep detailed notes to forward to the list.  If I can come up with an
alternate script to use with OS X, I'll forward that as well.

John