Adding of a Marketing image to top of message.

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Wed Apr 7 15:57:30 IST 2004

Christo Bezuidenhout wrote:

>Our marketing department requested that we add a .gif file to the top of each outgoing message. Is there any support for this kind of Feature in mailscanner. I know with some html you can add it in the signature file, but they need it on the top so you see that first.
>Most of our email is send out in HTML format.
>
>If not can this maybe be a feature request.
>
>I'm using RH9 latest Stable MS Sendmail Latest Release.
>
>Thanx
>Christo Bezuidenhout

Do they realise this is abnormal practise, especially as they cannot, at
all, control the appearance/quality of the end product - i would make
this very clear to them before i agreed to try to achieve this. Maybe
avoid all the calls you will have to field on why the image looks
different in every email client, or is delivered as an attachment, not
inline etc Sounds like they dont understand what they are asking for?

Maybe it might be worth looking through the sendmail doco to get this
done? Doesnt really seem like a feature you would see in mailscanner?