Sophos and PDFs again

Ryan Pitt ryan at MARINOCRANE.COM
Wed Apr 7 15:55:56 IST 2004

Martin Sapsed wrote:

> Ryan Pitt wrote:
>
>> I am seeing this too.
>> Is there any way around this?  We have a number of users who send pdfs
>> often.
>> Thanks
>> Ryan
>>
>> Mark Nienberg wrote:
>>
>>> In version 3.80 Sophos changed the way they scan PDF files (again) and
>>> now I'm
>>> seeing some files that used to scan cleanly are reported as corrupt.
>>> I reported to
>>> Sophos and sent them a sample. If your mail includes a lot of PDFs you
>>> may want to
>>> keep an eye on it after upgrading.
>>

> Are you using the "Allowed Sophos Error Messages" config entry?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Martin

I am not using this entry right now.
If I'm reading it correctly, I could allow messages through if the error
from Sophos is "corrupt".  Now, I know that the pdfs I emailed this
morning were not corrupt so the problem is, do I just allow "corrupt"
files through and leave that door open?
Anyone else have any thoughts here?

Thanks again
Ryan