Quarantining

System Admins sysadmins at ENHTECH.COM
Wed Apr 7 15:47:24 IST 2004

At 09:12 AM 4/7/2004, Steve Freegard wrote:
>Hi Errol,
>
>MailScanner does not virus check a message unless it is delivering it
>somewhere and not deleting the message.  Having 'store' as a spam action
>implicity delete's the message and therefore it doesn't get Virus Scanned.
>
>There is a workaround in the FAQ for this:
>http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/277.html
>
>Kind regards,
>Steve.

Thanks Steve,

Let me quote something from that entry:

 >>Correction: Anything which is not delivered or forwarded is not virus
scanned. So the same trick might have to be done if you don't deliver
Low-scoring spams. Thanks to Kai Schätzl >>for this clarification

This is strange because I am forwarding the low scoring spam. The entry was
bounce forward spam at enhtech.com store. Was the problem because "store" was
the at the last?

Errol Neal