MailScanner review/comparisons?

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Wed Apr 7 09:06:33 IST 2004

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 08:19:05 +1000, you wrote:

>>If your MailScanner server is already up and running, and can handle the
>>load, and they are determined to go with the etrust appliance, why not
>>suggest that they chain the MailScanner box in between the appliance and
>>their Exchange server for a trial period, and see how many extra viruses
>>and spams MS detects that the appliance didn't...
>>
>Exactly what i have already suggested, they are off thinking of ways can
>this now. I put it up as a "we really need to test our solution, can we
>scan all your mail, with the output going to your etrust server so any
>hits on your etrust server will allow us to fine tune our MS machine"
>Which should hopefully highlight what a great machine mailscanner is ?

That would be the wrong way around. When you put MS first in line the
people from etrust maybe can (and will) prove MS didn't get everything.
If etrust is first in line you can use MS to prove etrust (allthough it
costs a lot) doesn't get everything.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)