MailScanner review/comparisons?

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Tue Apr 6 14:17:47 IST 2004

the company i work for has been given to another company - the new
parent company have this IT dept that is HELL BENT on using every
Microsoft product around and pretty much hate *nix - which is greaaaat,
as we all love *nix. They wanna ditch our Domino env and replace with
exchange = grrr.

I piped up and said, how about checking out our MailScanner server, we
can easily scan all your mail too - well, they said nah we are getting
this new fandangled etrust content server which costs some big dollars,
its the best content scanner available to mankind etc. Fine i said,  i
will leave it at that.

Next thing i know these guys are all bagging MailScanner to my bosses
saying it cannot do all this really basic stuff (like stop heaps of
spam/viruses) - my broses comes to me and say, explain to us how is
MailScanner better than this commercial product - what are we missing
out on?

I tried to explain to him that even if we use our own experience only as
an example, we dont get any email borne viruses, we have trapped xx
spam, we never get complaints from users about receiving spam etc etc
But this is not enough to combat the people in powerful positions who
are pushing their own barrow.

If you have ever seen a review or professional comment on MailScanner i
would love to hear about it, please post a link, or scanned attachment
if from a magazine to assist me in building my some form of case against
these heathens.

Any other suggestions of comments really appreciated.
thanks
Pete