Mailscanner quarantine permissions for Mailwatc h

Desai, Jason jase at SENSIS.COM
Mon Apr 5 17:01:40 IST 2004

I do not need to change the group of the work dir for my setup.  But you are
correct - for the patch to be complete, it should do the same thing for the
incoming work group as well.

I honestly don't fully understand what the perl code is doing, which is why
I wanted you to take a look.  Doing some debugging, I ran the "id" command
from within MailScanner.  I found that if I specified an exim user and
group, those were the only ones that would show up if I ran "id" from within
Quarantine.pm where it sees if it can successfully change the group and user
of the quarantine files.  I so I tried different things not completely
understanding what it is doing, but got it so that the "id" command would
start showing the group that I specified for quarantine files in
MailScanner.conf.  And then MailScanner was able to change the group of
those files.

I was hoping someone else would be able to see if the code is correct, or if
it may have some unintentional side effects.  To make the patch complete, we
probably need to do the same thing for the incoming work group.  Would you
like me to try to work a patch up that does both?

Jason