Order of spam and virus tags important?

Ron Hahn (Senior Analyst) HahnR at SHB.IE
Mon Apr 5 16:46:04 IST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Field [mailto:mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK]
Sent: 05 April 2004 16:30
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Order of spam and virus tags important?

Is it going to upset anyone if, on infected messages, I always put the
{Spam?} tag before the {Virus?} tag?

That way around, it is easier to automatically filter all spam messages,
whether infected or not, with a rule that says "subject starts with
{Spam?}".

-> I use ^\{Spam in my ruleset.  I would prefer the spam tag to start the
subject line.

Ron

the system manager.

MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses , using the latest available virus signatures .