Skip 3rd party virus scan if MailScanner identifies by filename rule?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Apr 3 11:49:54 IST 2004

No, you can't do that. However, it would actually make very little
difference to the overall system load or speed. Scanning 1 extra file with
a virus scanner takes *very* little time. This is far less time than it
takes to extract the attachments and decode the message in the first place.
The decoding (the expensive bit) is all written in C and goes as fast as
your box will let it :-)

--
Julian Field