Installing MailScanner on SuSE 9

Howard Yuan Howard.Yuan at VALENCE.COM
Sat Apr 3 01:20:03 IST 2004

Not sure if this helps or not, but I've installed MailScanner on SuSE 9
(thats what I'm running right now) and didn't run into a lot of
problems. I used the Linux build you released and follow the
instructions on installing it. Didn't get any errors except the
dependency errors. Then, any other errors is because I'm missing some
libraries which I just use the "perl -MCPAN" commands to download them.
Hope this little info helps? I don't know much about linux. I'm just a
n00b. ^^;;

Howard

>>> Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US 4/2/2004 16:12:23 >>>
Noticed that you got several other replies to this, but I just gave it
a go
and had the same EMPTY FILE LIST isssue.  I googled around and saw a
post by
someone having a similar problem (although a different package and on
RedHat).  Their problem was they had an updated version of MakeMaker.
I ran
your MakeMaker update script and then MailScanner almost installed.
It
puked on some of the builds but no longer gave the empty file list.

Probably not much help, but maybe a clue in there somewhere...

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500