Bayes Rebuild

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Fri Apr 2 21:48:25 IST 2004

John Rudd wrote:
> Matthew Baker wrote:
>
>>I'm thinking that taking the "Rebuild Bayes Every" out and replacing
>>with a cronjob like
>>
>>0 1 * * * root sa-learn --dbpath=/var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/
>>--force-expire
>>
>>would prevent it, but I'd like MailScanner to keep doing it.
>
> I have a cron script that runs every 24 hours (at about 3am, when I've
> got a pretty low traffic level), kills mailscanner (but not the MTA),
> sleeps 60 seconds (to let everything settle), cleans out any locks in
> the .spamassassin directory, does the expiry, and then re-starts
> mailscanner.

Since this has been debated a lot lately again and Julian explained the
inner workings of how MS deals with this I have updated my FAQ entry. I
think it now covers how to do it manually with no risks. If there are
any errors please let me know so I can correct them.

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/303.html

As far as I know there's still a bug involved in expiring from MS and
the SA guys have fixed it for the next release of SA. Please correct me
on this one too if wrong.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25