Multiplex RBLs? was:Re: RBL - spamcop legit mta

shanna leonard ssl at AHSC.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Apr 2 20:39:25 IST 2004

thanks for the responses!. currently:

I am
- rejecting at MTA (sendmail) if in xbl-sbl or sorbs dul
- spam list checking in Mailscanner
- checking all other RBLs in spamassassin

I bumped spamcom to 3.0 and am bumping a few of the other RBLs as well.
I guess I am going to turn off spam-checking in Mailscanner.
it seems like it is redundant to do it in MTA and in Mailscanner.

What I would really like is a rbl-emulator - I think it would be simple
to implement
something which could check a number of rbls, in the way spamassassin
does (i.e. with a weighted score)
and then return the proper dns record if the total is higher than some
value, else return NXDOMAIN

That way I have the advantage of rejection at MTA:
no  overhead of processing/storing "spam/virus"..
but also minimize the risk associated with rejecting mail at MTA based
on RBL inclusion
(e.g. bad rbl entries, infinite monkeys...)

does anyone here know if such a thing already exists?

--
----
MHO