MailScanner load testing advice

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Fri Apr 2 04:29:04 IST 2004

Thanks a bunch Julian

we used the following, maybe there is an easier way? which just grabs
all the files from quarantine and mails them to that address, but have
the sink running on a 3rd machine so no delivery anyway.

Our biggest problem is having enough horsepower to send a lot of
messages, our script isnt very efficient :( i cant send enough email to
get the server sweating :(

Hope this is useful to some one else.

for (( i = 0; i <= 10000; i++ ))
do
        echo "Sending message $i"
        find 2004032*/* -type f | awk -F'/' '{print "mutt -a \""$0"\" -s
\""$NF"\" test at test.com.au </dev/null"}' | sh
done