Scanners licensed per server?

Francesco Rotondo f.rotondo at TESEO.IT
Thu Apr 1 15:05:26 IST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Victor DiMichina" <victor at PIXELMAGICFX.COM>
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 2:04 AM
Subject: Re: Scanners licensed per server?

> Julian Field wrote:
>

> > What are the current recommendations for virus scanners that are
licensed
> > per server?
> > I don't want to know about any which are only licensed per user.
> > Any reports on how fast/slow they are would be useful too.
> >
> I have Panda and F-secure.   Both are in the neighborhood of $300
> (u.s.).  I have the server version of the software.   They have good
> command line virus scanners so integration with MailScanner is great.
>   I'm on a Red Hat 8.0 box.   I have no complaints on speed.
>
> Vic

 I don't think F-secure is licensed per server, this is taken from license
terms:
"...In case the Software or its services are shared through a network or the
Software is used to protect traffic from viruses or other malicious code at
web and e-mail servers, firewalls or gateways, you must have a license for
the total number of users whom the Software provides services to..."

Regards,

| Dr. Francesco Rotondo         E-mail: f.rotondo at teseo.it |
| Teseo Internet Provider, Srl                             |
| C.so A. De Gasperi, 344       Web: http://www.teseo.it   |
| 70125 - Bari                  Tel: +39(080)5036970       |
| Italy                         Fax: +39(080)5008672       |