Anyone using dccifd?

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Thu Apr 1 12:13:00 IST 2004

Hello all...

I still haven't upgraded my MS to a hot new version, but the problem
isn't entirely related, as I'm concerned about DCC-y shenanigans.

>From the SpamAssassin checks, it's clear that when DCC is invoked, it
checks for dccifd (the 'socket' version) before falling back to
command-line dccproc, so following discussions at some point on this
list (and elsewhere), I thought I'd run dccifd, and watch SA 'notice it'
and start using it.

Since then, it's been okay, but there are moments when I start
getting:

Apr  1 11:20:24 postbox dccifd[27382]: skip asking DCC 1.000 seconds
more after failure
<snip>
Apr  1 12:03:07 postbox dccifd[1046]: skip asking DCC 254.668 seconds
more after failure

... are people out there using dccifd, have they any tips, or is there
just a newer version I haven't noticed out there?