MailScanner load testing advice

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Thu Apr 1 09:01:21 IST 2004

Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> [...]
Thank you, this worked perfectly - good idea :) I put Non Spam and High
Spam to Delete and Spam to store and pumped in 1000s of emails, with a
spammy body from the link above.

We have modded the script to send attachments now, pics and zips - now
we will start nesting the zip files and varying the attachments in a
batch. I was sending them in batches of 500 tried turning off MS and
letting postfix recieve them all, turnning MS on and them pummping
another 500 in while MS is dealing with the last 500 - with every check
on i can think of (no dcc, razor etc), file, spam, clamav etc our new
machine doesnt even raise a sweat i couldnt get it above 20% CPU usage,
.3 Load average and 800MB RAM free - I may  have slight over specced the
RAM for this machine :)

I am going to spend tomorrow morning with my developer colleague tyin to
bombard server with nested zip files and the deep nested zip scanning
all turned on, see if we can find a way to jam this server right up - we
only have 3 small machines set up for pumping in the mail though.....

My colleague says he will write a form for his script, maybe this can be
useful to others? Lemme know and i will post it somewhere