MailScanner error with SpamAssassin

Max Kipness mkipness at GENIANT.COM
Tue Sep 30 01:39:30 IST 2003

> > Just installed latest version of SpamAssassin and latest version of
> > MailScanner, but when configuring MailScanner.conf for
> SpamAssassin, I
> > get the error "Spamassassin installation cannot be found".
> However I
> > can run spamassassin manually.  How does MailScanner run
> SpamAssassin?
> > I can't find this info out anywhere.
>
> Let me guess, you installed SpamAssassin by RPM ? If so,
> please have a look on the mailinglist archive.

Yes, I had tried to install via source first doing the make manually and
via CPAN. But I kept getting the 'pod2man not in path' error. So then I
tried the RPM to try to get it running for the client and ended up with
the 'SpamAssassin installation cannot be found'.

I finally uninstalled the RPM and did some research on the pod2man
error. It ended up that it had something to do with Redhat 9 and a
language file. Running 'unset LANG' allowed me to successfully install
SpamAssassin via source and now MailScanner is working fine.

Max